Matcha Green Tea Powder
Grown in the rolling Japanese fields Matcha is the result of collecting organic tea leaves and grinding up the whole leaf into a powder, this unlike traditional tea means you get all of the nutrients that are present in the leaf as you consume it all.
With antioxidants which are up to 137 x that of normal green tea it’s a favourite for those wanting to reap the benefits. It can be consumed with hot (not boiling water) as a tea, made into a Matcha green tea latte (as photo on the right), added to baking and into food.
Some of our favourite properties include:
- 137 x the Antioxidants of regular green tea
- Can increase your energy and metabolism as well as being calming
- Ceremonial grade tea sourced direct from Japan
- 50g enough for 30+ cups of tea
- Certified Organic by the Soil Association
FEEL THE ENERGY
Have more energy with our Matcha not only from the caffeine but the unique properties that come from this superfood.
Matcha comes in different grades, ours is ceremonial grade which is the highest quality grade available.
With over 137 x the antioxidants of regular green tea which on it’s own is high it’s a food worthy of the superfood title.
How To Make Matcha Green Tea
It’s really easy to make a cup:
- Put 1 gram of Matcha in a cup (optional: Sieve if required)
- Add very hot water (not boiling water though as this burns the powder)
- Use a whisk until a light froth appears on top
- Sit down and enjoy
You can make a Matcha latte by making a latte like you normally would and adding a teaspoon of Matcha, or simply use the recipe above but replace hot water with hot milk (almond milk works well too). Naturally Matcha can be a little bitter for some if this is the case add a squeeze of honey.
Health Benefits of Matcha
There is a long list of Matcha green tea benefits, in fact there are over 40 so we’ve picked some of the highlights below.
- Can help absorbe iron
- Can increase metabolism
- Can help support your immune system
- Healthy skin, gums, eyes and hair
- Helps give you that boost for the day
- Energy-yielding metabolism
- Can help fight tiredness and fatigue
- Use for centuries by the Japanese
- A great detox superfood