Sometimes it can be tricky getting all of your superfood needs through smoothies and other foods, sometimes you’ll just want to make a piece of toast and spread something on to it.
Finally there’s a simple way of combining the two with these really easy Acai Berry jam recipe that can be made at home. Ideal for spreading on anything from toast to ryvitta, it’s packed full of the antioxidants and tastes pretty delicious too.
This dark purple super jam is perfect to make and have on toast in the morning when you might not have time to make a smoothie, it’s a great snack to give your kids too. Don’t forget you can to buy your organic acai berry powder , sourced from the Amazon rainforest.
- 120 ml (½ Cup) of Apple Juice
- 2 Tbsp Wholely.com Organic Acai Berry Powder
- 2 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- In a bowl add the apple juice and chia seeds and mix, once mixed leave for 25 minutes, stiring half way through. The chia seeds will have started to gelatinise, then mix in the Acai Berry powder, the maple syrup and lemon juice.
- It can now be served however for the best result allow it to sit for another 25 minutres.
- Keep in a sealed air tight container in a fridge, will last approx 1-2 weeks.